This is a delicious creamy sauce that’s free of dairy, egg, gluten and soy. For many reasons, I’ve tried eliminating dairy from my diet. However, it was always challenging since it’s hard to find a cheesy, creamy replacement to use for various dishes.
Chipotle cashew sauce can be used on many types of dishes, including:
- Grilled veggies
- Raw veggies
- I use edamame noodles, which are gluten free, higher in protein and lower in carbohydrates (mostly fiber)
- Anything that involves cheese, cream or Ranch Dressing
This recipe has a mild buffalo sauce flavor in addition to the chipotle. It’s a recipe that’s fairly easy to modify if you’re not a fan of any of those flavors or if it’s too spicy for you.
- 1 and ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup of your favorite salsa
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- First add all liquids to a blender and then add the cashews. Start on a low setting working your way up to high until it’s smooth.
- Now add the rest of your dry ingredients (spices) and continue blending
- The sauce gets thick, and you may need to start and stop in a pulsating action, allowing the sauce to “burp” to get it mixed up well. If it’s simply too thick, add a little water, stir it up and blend some more.